Friday 11 February 2011

Billionaire or Blogaholic

So Ive been blogging for less than 24 hours and Im about to post my fourth and have two still in editing, is this obsessive?
Im really enjoying having somewhere to put my thoughts on posts and articles or whatever it may be that Ive read throughout the day, as I was browsing today I came across this.. "If you go into blogging wanting to make money you will fail (or at least write some terrible content).”
http://brooksreview.net/2011/02/somers-qotd/

Of course I never joined with the intent of making money but I did hope maybe someone would read it, enjoy it and pass it on to a wonderful person who would like me to work along side them in their wonderful empire of fashion,beauty and general happiness related job - dream! (this dream is a little blurry but im pretty sure id like to go into the fashion industry as a PR practioner) but now I feel a little disheartened so to boost spirits I followed this trail and came across .."Oh, and I participated in a documentary about fashion bloggers, in which I discussed how much money you can make doing this (not a ton! Don't quit your day job!).."
http://fashionbinge.blogspot.com/

This was in a blog by a fellow fashion blogger, a much bigger and largely followed blogger who I aspire to be like. The dream was officially shattered, or so I thought. I was reading through FashionBinges' blogs and I can see that they have a very demanding and hectic life style and blogging is a huge part of that and something that they enjoy and it made me dream seem unimportant, as I started this blog saying how much pleasure Im getting out of blogging just because I may not see success through doing this, the fun of it is much more rewarding. Each time I press publish post Im happy to know that my opinion that in 'real life' would more than likely go unnoticed is now floating around ready for anyone to read and review.
So from this I can take these comments on board knowing that Im not in the blogging bizz for money but becuase I thoroughly enjoy it (hope Im not being too hasty here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment