Friday 25 February 2011

Girl Power

In today's Urban society, "fashionista" is not by any means a negative term.
Thanks to television shows like "Sex and the City" rather more specifically, thanks to actresses such as Sarah Jessica Parker, the image of a "fashionista" has been modernized into a much more positive, powerful and successful feminine role.
Forget the shallow, bitchy, materialistic image so many people are quick to describe.
The truth is, it's the new millenium and the hottest trend right now, is that it's okay to be a woman again. The "fashionista" doesn't look at her femininity as a gender flaw. - Urban Dictionary

After years of playing and dabbling with different trends and being laughed at my by my elder brothers for being "vain" and "shallow" I now feel my passion for fashion is nothing to be ashamed of or shy away from in fear of looking materialistic.

I shall hold my head high and wear what others may laugh at - because unlike them I know what fashion is. meow x

Thankyou SJP & co.

No comments:

Post a Comment