Friday 25 February 2011

Its not vintage stupid, its second hand

“It’s not vintage stupid, its second hand” is plastered on the plastic shopping bags of a “vintage” shop in Sheffield City centre. Other than this statement the shop has no name, slogan, logo or anything! It’s a miracle it’s become so popular – but it really has. EVERYBODY shops there, the other vintave shops amongst COW and Freshmans.

“It’s not vintage stupid, its second hand” makes me not want to call it vintage fashion anymore! But to be honest it’s taken me about 6 years to pick up on the ‘vintage’ title as I’ve always shopped in second hand shops for as long as I can remember so just for this blog I'll go back to my roots, I’ll call it second hand.

In “It’s not vintage stupid, its second hand” there are some real gems! Since being a student in Sheffield I have bought countless garments from there but my most prized position this gorgeous sequin top!

It’s the best impulse buy I’ve ever made and definite bargain! (The guy who owns the stock and runs the shop is a bit of charmer and haggler but he had nothing on me, I like to
 think my womanly ways and cheekiness got me this at a very desirable price!)
£35 with a tweed jacket thrown in - can you believe it! I’ve never had a buy like it, that’s a massive plus of second hand shopping alone, there are no set prices!
Reasons for loving this top – perfectly oversized, excellent condition for second hand, glamorous and such a statement and most of all it makes my breasts look bigger!

After buying this I became sequin obsessed! I’ve now got 3 sequins tops and 1 sequin jacket but none of them really compare to my original. I was always hunting for something unique, a real statement piece and I found myself buying ‘average’ tops, nothing that wowed me.
Until I spotted this!Topshop of course, cut out back with a cream bow, vertically sequined all over – it’s beautiful! The only problem with this top is it’s so fragile! I almost daren’t wear it in case it gets ruined – which compared to the second hand one is disappointing because that is so well made I think I could wear it to a rave and come out unblemished! (I don’t go to raves, just a bad example ha!)

I really wanted to upload photos of all my sequin garments to show the love, but it would just take too long!
My quest of collecting old and new sequin tops has been completed, embrace the sparkle x

Im just trying to change the world, one sequin at a time - Lady Gaga

No comments:

Post a Comment