Tuesday 15 February 2011

Love Leather

I have so much love for my black leather jacket and Ive pretty much lived in it throughout winter squishing it on underneath my parka but now the bad weather is easing off a little I've totally been to embrace it without freezing to death! Here I am before university and before the tights! (it may be a degree or so warmer but tights are still a must!) this is a typical everyday outfit for me, however this time there was no biiig parka hiding my little black beauty.

Since finding my love for leather jackets Ive became a bit obsessed and found myself hunting for one that doesnt carry such a 'rock chick' look to it and one that preferably isnt black so I can wear it more daringly in spring without feeling I have a bit of winter on my shoulders. But do still embrace black leather in spring it is doable! it’s just I want a new look as well as this! On this hunt I came across countless sleeveless light leathers but none of them particularly wowed me so I began to give up.

Until I spotted this tassled babe! Ive had ALOT of mixed responses to this jacket, but like most things in my wardrobe I only take note of the positive! I love how out there it is, it’s everything I want, leather, neutral colour and different! Im going to share a story with you which will either leave you thinking "you shouldnt of bought it!" or "what a quirky old dear".

 So, I was in TKMaxx browsing with eagle eyes as you do, that shop seems to have no order to it whatsoever! when me and some lovely old 60 something where looking down the same rail and opposite ends, from head view she seemed to be your average pensioner until she stepped from behind the clothes rail and revealed her purple velvet trench style coat, fur scarf and leather boots! I just smiled and thought she looked cool, then I saw this in her hand and I was like 'oh my god' and she must of read my face because she shouted 'Gorge isnt it!' Im laughing as I type this, I want her as my nan!  any who, with minutes she was back on her way over to me waving the jacket in her hand and said "you have it dear I bloody can’t get in it!".

So here we are, this tassled number is now mine, although it could have easily been a 60 something’s if only it was a few inches bigger this has left me questioning my fashion sense! but I can’t deny the love for it and I cannot wait for some warmer weather to whip it out! I may even invest in from cowgirl boots to go with.



If your looking to get a similar look Miss Selfridge have done a spring jacket similar to mine, its gorgeous! 

No comments:

Post a Comment