Wednesday 23 February 2011

Lace – a timeless piece

Last night I watched ‘Gok’s Fashion fix Roadshow’ Im sure you all know what this show entails! This week he was at Birmingham’s Bullring shopping centre, Ive never been but I so want too! Any who this week one of the designer V high street looks was to create an evening outfit using lace. Previous to watching this Id been thinking of doing a blog about lace, because much like Brix I also think lace is a timeless piece.  
Lace for me is a guilty pleasure, I instantly feel attractive when wearing it but the good stuff doesn’t come cheap. (I find ALOT of lace in high street shops can cross the line from pretty to tacky) As a younger girl lace never appealed it was always ‘too girly’ for me and I could never see the attraction of ‘half made clothes’. How naive of me. It makes cringe to type this.

This is my favourite lace dress ! I love it for a million reasons but the main being - its flattering, its 3/4 sleeves (my favourite kind of sleeve!) and it can be dressed up or down.
Both Gok and Brix chose dark colours for their lace garments and I’ve got to say black lace has always been a staple for me, and it totally worked for their outfits. But I have been getting a little worried! Spring is round the corner and I don’t want to put my black lace away and I’m thinking why Should I! I absolutely the gothic/romantic look and most likely will still embrace it through the warmer days. However I can’t deny that with the nicer weather my love for softer and brighter colours will emerge, so with this in mind I’ve been doing some browsing for some sexy summer lace.
This is my favourite River Island is in my top 5 high street shops and it’s for skirts like this that’s put it up there! The colour is exactly what I’m looking for, and the mid length totally appeals to me, a bit of class! I can definitely see me tucking a mustard silk sleeveless shirt in, mustard heels and big bangles.




Topshop of course have accommodated lace in the shift of seasons,  http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33057&storeId=12556&productId=2234411&langId=-1&categoryId=&searchTerm=lace&pageSize=200 

this peachy tunic is beautiful, and this is what I’m looking for! Pastel colours but the winged arms still give it that romantic feel.
Another Topshop http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33057&storeId=12556&productId=2265429&langId=-1&categoryId=&searchTerm=lace&pageSize=200

Gorgeous apricot jacket, embroided with white lace. This is everything I wanted, as a big lover of vintage clothing this has got to be the one. The colour, the lace and my kind of look!  Perfect.
There’s a lot of lovely laces out there for everyone this spring and summer, but be daring an embrace your black winter laces too! Peace x

No comments:

Post a Comment