Friday 29 April 2011

Royally Sheffield

Oh what a beautiful wedding it was! Ive never been overly fussed about royality until now, maybe Im just caught up in the fairy tale that has been today, or maybe Im a changed person. Who knows, but what I do know is Alexander McQueens Sarah Burton is one great designer & what an honour it must have been to work alongside a Princess.
RIP Alexander McQueen & Princess Diana

So in my new found love for all things royal, I went to Devonshire Green, Sheffield. Where a street party was held for the coming together of William and Kate. Unfortunatly I missed the majority of it but I did get some good snaps for my StreetStyle Friday (which will be posted shortly)







One person on Twitter said how Sheffield street party was "a chance to sell things at extortionate prices and look cool" and another said that "Devonshire Green is full of yuppies"
get.out.

If independent local business's cant come together to share their services and produce on such a wonderful and rare occasion then I just dont know, words fail me.

It was a lovely little event that carried a true feeling community and genuine happiness, whether that be for the wedding or the extra day off I dont know!

Congratulations Wills and Kate !

1 comment:

  1. Some cool pictures there! I must admit, I'm completely indifferent about the wedding. It's a good excuse to sell tacky merchandise at high prices - yes - but the fact that it DOES sell means there is a demand for it. And that's just business isn't it - fulfilling a demand.

    ReplyDelete