Saturday 9 April 2011

Trip to Leeds

I LOVE Leeds!
Since Ive been having a hard time lately, what with university deadlines, exam prep and student loan hassle I gave myself the day off to go to Leeds to visit my brothers.
It was a great day filled with new sights, new foods, laughs and relaxation. Ive always been a fan of Leeds and often find myself comparing it to Sheffield, as much as I love Sheffield I cant help but get really exicited over Leeds.

This visit wasnt solely based on having some family time, I also had a meeting with a lovely woman from Leeds City Council Marketing Department who is looking for fashion bloggers to help promote the fashion and haberdashery stalls in Leeds Kirkgate market with a Gok Wan inspired challange of Hightstreet VS Market. The idea is to do have a team of 2 on each side, meet up and discuss up coming trends for the months ahead and then go out and create an outfit on that months particular trend e.g. Maxi dresses.

From this each side will produce a blog that will be slightly different but including where its from, practicality, price, comfort, tips etc etc.

This is a 6 month challange and in the final month I proposed that we should hold an event to celebrate the bloggers and fashion/haberdashery stalls success but Im keeping that one a secret! so if it all goes ahead, wish me luck!
Anywho, I had to throw that in there but my main aim of this post is to highlight the wonderful sights of Leeds. Its such a great place with so many opportunities and Id be very happy if I ever landed a job in such a wonderful city :)

From window displays in the most prestige shopping area of Leeds

 to architecture
To say Im not a photographer I love how I captured this building, sleeeeek!

 Looking over Leeds at night ahh

1 comment: