Saturday 26 March 2011

Craft Candy Fair Sheffield

Usually when heading back from the gym Im hood up and head down but today I just couldnt avoid going into the Millenium Museum.
if its Handmade, original, individual, fairtrade, local or cute you have my attention! hence my 45 minute stay at the Craft Candy Fair!

 busybusybusy 
it makes me happy when events like this have a good turn out

  'sugar paper gang'
probably one of the most colourful stands there. I just had to take a photo of all the cute wallets, note pads, badges and a DIY sewing kit!

  'sugar paper gang'
one of my favourite items! ha I love a good play on words

 Alsager Pottery
dishes, teapots, plate sets etc are a guilty pleasure of mine. It may sound odd but its true! its so frustrating being a university student with no real need or money to invest in a nice kitchen set but I literally can not wait until I can. I adore beautiful pieces like this and have totally thought out my 'good plates' 'everyday plates' 'christmas plates' 'show cupboard set' you catch my drift..

 Alsager Pottery
They look like they belong Emmerdale Farm or in our Grannys cupboard but that is what makes them so desirable! the fact they are all hand made and decorated just adds to it. They are lovely.

 Elodie G
'I am not old and these are not my grandmothers clothes I am just into crafts' I know too many people I could buy this for!

Elodie G
One of my favourite stalls and another guilty pleasure of mine - cute and witty illustrations. As a child whenever we visited anywhere that sold postcards, bags, notepads anything! with an illustration on or cute, meaningfull, comical few words Id always ask for it. I have toybox full of these bits, I love it.

Mollys Mum
This is the first stall I visited and this is why - I love brooches, my little collection is made up of old vintage ones that Ive bought or been given by my nan, it was nice to see some playful ones!

As a self confessed horder of all things beautiful I probably shouldnt have gone to this! but it really was lovely, Id like to say a big well done to all crafts people - its nice to have a day where their talents can be celebrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment